Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The best orange chicken I've ever had!

So last weekend we had a stay at home date. I decided to try out an orange chicken recipe that our friend Andrea made while she was here. She got the recipe from pinterest, so to pinterest I went! I found it and somehow convinced Anthony that it would be fun to make it together... So that's what we did! We stayed home, made orange chicken together, ate that orange chicken, walked to the local ice cream shop, and then went down to the beach for a little walk. It was one of the best dates ever and we hardly spent any money! I'm pretty sure it was because of the awesome company I had all night ;) So back to that orange chicken....Seriously, not to toot my own horn (because all I did was follow a recipe), but that was THE BEST orange chicken I have ever had. So much better than Panda Express or any other takeout I have ever had. Even my food critic of a husband (I mean that in the most loving way) said it was the best orange chicken he has ever had! That is success if you ask me! So anyway, I posted a picture of it on my Instagram and got a few people asking for the recipe. So here it is:

Ingredients

Chicken Breading:
3-5 chicken breast
salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup canola oil

Rinse chicken, trim off fat or extras and then cut into 1 inch cubes. season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken into cornstarch and coat all the way and then into eggs. Heat oil in large skillet. Cook chicken until browned. Place in baking dish. 3 chicken breasts can be in a 9x9 but 5 chicken breasts fits better in a 9x13. 

*I didn't use salt and pepper to season I just did it plain and it still turned out delicious

Sauce:
3/4 cups sugar
4 Tablespoons ketchup
1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Whisk until smooth. Then pour evenly over chicken. Turn chicken so the sauce gets on both sides and then put in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. turn chicken and then cook for 15 more minutes. 

 

There it is. Get ready to have your mind blown (I'm being a little dramatic. It WAS good though!)  This is the blog the recipe came from: http://madeitateitlovedit.blogspot.com/2012/03/sweet-and-sour-chicken.html
There are probably more good recipes on there, I haven't spent any time looking though.


Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment