Monday, December 31, 2012

probably time to post again...

I feel like it has been forever since I last posted. Time to play catch up! Since my last post so much has happened!

About two/three weeks ago my parents called Anthony and told him they wanted to fly us home for Christmas-and keep it a surprise for me. So, without me knowing, Anthony talked to the manager at Kahuku Grill about our schedules AND talked to Jeanne/Jess about having someone new come in for the week I would be gone. (He's the best:) Anyway, he got the work situations covered and my mom bought us tickets! No one could keep it a secret so I found out a few days in advance. When I found out I literally cried tears of happiness. It was the best Christmas present ever. I was so excited to spend the week with my whole family under one roof, one last time for at least 3 years.

We were scheduled to fly the red eye on Sunday the 23 and arrive around 10 am on Christmas Eve. When we got to the airport the nice man at the counter got us on a 9:50 pm flight since our 11:55 flight had been delayed til 1:15 am (yikes)! We then got to change our connecting flight from San Francisco to San Diego to one a little earlier as well. We really lucked out! When we got to my parents house we were pretty darn tired but so happy to be with family. The whole week was full of fun and family! The list of things we did included caroling, hiking, eating, bowling, staying up late, playing with Easton, eating some more, visiting Anthony's mom's family, and all kinds of other fun activities! It really was so nice to be with family and just enjoy the time we all had together. Even if Anthony didn't talk to me for a whole night after beating him multiple times at bowling:)


Since we are now home, we have a lot to keep busy with! There is still unpacking to do (we moved AGAIN right before going home), books to buy, jobs to work, and fun to have! I guess not that much has really happened since my last blog post, but it sure feels like we have been around the world twice! haha. As sad as we may be that we are so far from family, it's nice to be back and finally settling into a life together. We have been on the move since we got married, living out of suitcases, so its nice to have a "home" together. I am enjoying setting up our little apartment:)


I have been feeling so blessed lately. Even though Hawaii may be a struggle sometimes (yes, hard to believe... I know) I know we are in the right place, doing the right thing and everything will work out the way it needs to be. We thank our Heavenly Father every night for the opportunity we have to be here at this University, together, and for the beautiful place we get to call home for the next 2 years. Time moves quickly and I remind myself every day to enjoy right now, not to look too far forward. 2012 is coming to a quick end this evening and I am so grateful for all the trials and blessings this last year has brought into my life, they have only made me stronger. As we look forward to 2013, I hope it can bring us just as much, if not more, happiness than 2012! Here's to an awesome 2012 and an even more awesome 2013 ahead!


Love you all! Pics of our trip home will be up later :)

xoxo
The Ellsworth's

No comments:

Post a Comment