Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Well, today was our first Thanksgiving together without family! It was kind of sad, but we actually had a good time anyway! A family from home, whose daughter actually went to preschool with me, was in town visiting their youngest daughter (who actually went to preschool with my younger sisters) here at BYU-H. They called us up yesterday to play some beach volleyball with them as a little pre-holiday get together. Then today we headed over to the house they are staying at for a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. It was so much fun! Sierra and I went to kindergarten together and didn't go to the same school again until we both attended BYU-I. We had so much fun these last two days laughing about crazy things that happened while we were in Idaho together. I am really glad Anthony got to know their family a little better too:) We are both incredibly thankful for the Poppleton family having us over this Thanksgiving. It was truly a blessing.



I am so grateful for this wonderful holiday when we have a chance to surround ourselves with those we love and reflect on all the things we are thankful for! Every year I remind myself that every day should be a day of giving thanks to our Heavenly Father for all that we have been given. Not a day should pass that we do not say thank you to the man who gave us everything.


I hope everyone had a safe and fun Thanksgiving with their loved ones! We miss our families and friends back home in San Diego, but know this is where we need to be right now. Anthony keeps reminding me that "the first month is the worst" when it comes to being homesick....I sure hope so! Again, we really do love you all! Come visit us! :)


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment