Friday, November 16, 2012

Aloha!

Well, here's the first post on my new blog. Hopefully I will be better about posting on here than I was on my last blog. Oops.


Just to be clear, I am still adjusting to the whole "aloha" thing. I still say "Hi!" to everyone. hahaha. Aloha was just a fitting title for this post since it is the first one and we are in Hawaii.

Anyway, Anthony and I LIVE in Hawaii now. Weird, huh?! I don't think it has really hit us yet. We have been busy since getting here, which is good. We sure do love it though! Everyone is so nice, the beaches are beautiful, and the weather, well it doesn't go below 70!
Yeah, my kinda place.



I guess I better fill some people in on our short life together so far. We were married in the LDS temple in San Diego on August 17, 2012. We then moved into a guest house in Olivenhain, had to move out due to the house being sold, moved in with my parents, planned on moving to Utah, got accepted to BYU Hawaii, and made last minute plans to move to Oahu! That's the short version. So now, we are in Laie, Hawaii just loving every minute! So far we have registered for classes, walked all over this town, and meet up with new and old friends. There isn't much more to say about this beautiful place for now....things will get more interesting when we finally get settled. Right now we are just trying to get around the town/island and not get lost!


Here are some pictures from the last two days...I know my mom will enjoy these:)

 Pounders Beach
 Walking to campus
 Um, a MASSIVE snail. yikes.
Walking on the side of the highway to Pounders



So far, everything has gone smoothly since arriving and my brother has been so incredibly helpful in making sure we are settled. I am so, so, grateful for the opportunity Anthony and I have to be at this university. We have been blessed beyond measure in these first couple of months together. I know our Heavenly Father has a plan for us and I see his hand in our lives every single day. I am thankful for my husband and that I got to marry my best friend. There is no other person I would want next to me for eternity. I love the gospel. I love my Savior. I know He lives and loves us. I love my family and am SO grateful we can be together forever! I love you all and hope we always remember to enjoy the simple things in this life.


I promise my other posts will be more interesting:)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys!! I look forward to seeing more pictures of Hawaii and of all of your adventures together with your husband. Have a lovely weekend.
    http://lynnandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige! I'm so glad I got to meet you before you left for Hawaii. Looks beautiful! And warm...since it is very cold here in Georgia. Look forward to hearing and seeing more about your time there!!! Love, Lynn and Matt Slocum

    ReplyDelete