Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New Jobs and New Additions

It seems like there has been a lot going on around here lately (well compared to the last month and a half). Anthony and I got called to teach Sunday School at church together, I got a job, I finished a sewing project (finally!), and we took a trip to Utah (with another this weekend!)...oh yeah, and we got a puppy! Maybe that's why it seems like there's been a lot going on.....


Getting a job meant no more partying(alone) all day while Anthony works....although, my job is only 2 hours a day as of right now ;) So there's still lots of partying going on! haha. Anyway, I got a job at one of the local elementary schools as the Assistant Secretary in the office. I absolutely LOVE it and adore all the cute kids I get to see every day! I am so grateful to have this job! I really do love it so much. I get a little sad everyday at the end of my two hours and find myself wishing I could stay a little longer. Yes, it's that much fun! (maybe I just need more hours, but I like to think that's not the case! :))


Our calling at church is awesome. We teach 12/13 year olds and were literally shocked at how well behaved and interactive these kids were. The girls take NOTES while we teach. What!? I know, like I said, it's awesome. We team teach so we decided we would switch off weeks of being the "lead" teacher. Anthony taught last week so I'm up this week! It should be interesting since I always get nervous when I teach... I will let you know how that goes.. Oh, we also got asked to speak in church on November 11! I am kind of excited (more nervous) because it's been a while since I've gotten to speak in church! The last time was when Anthony and I had first started dating...seems like forever ago (in the best way, of course).


I am excited to go to Utah again this weekend..who thought I would ever be excited to go to Utah! :p juuust kidding. We will get to see my mom one last time before she jets back to Mexico and I am really looking forward to that time together. Our last trip was a bit of a whirlwind since we got in late Friday and left Sunday afternoon. I think we spent most of our time in the car... Not to mention we had just adopted our puppy that same Friday....ha. It was still so good to see everyone. We got a glimpse of the twins on Sunday, and spent the rest of the time with Hayley, Maren, Easton, Jude, and mom. It was really fun seeing everyone and adventuring through parts of Utah together! I miss getting to hang out all together on a regular basis!!


Our new little family member has adjusted super well to life with us and totally fits right in. Gemma is a 4 month old white/yellow lab. We adopted her from the animal shelter here in Rexburg and she is probably the best behaved, sweetest, cuddliest, and smartest puppy I've ever met. She's so obedient and mellow (most of the time, she's still a puppy after all!) it blows my mind. If I lay down to take a nap, she curls up next to me and sleeps as long as I do. It's awesome. haha. We all know how much I love my naps! Also, we let her off her leash and she doesn't go further than a few yards without looking back at us and waiting for us to catch up. Miracle, since the last dog my family owned would look at you and keep running as far away as possible and the word "come" was not anywhere in his vocabulary (it actually meant "run" to him). Oh, Kobe. Anyway, we've love having her be a part of our lives and are always laughing at the weird things she does (especially when she wants our attention).


My sewing project really wasn't that exciting. I made my self a skirt because I am always searching for church clothes (and now "professional" work clothes too)! It's not much to brag about and I always tell people not to look too closely at the seams/hems. Still learning over here....


I don't have a ton of pictures, but here are a few worth sharing:

Salt Lake City


Provo morning

More Salt Lake adventures

Gemma wanting a piece of those ducks!

Our FHE one week:)

My pumpkin!

Passed out puppy



One day I will get better at this blogging thing. Until then, I guess you will have to put up with my sporadic posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment