Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New Experiments

This week has been an experimenting kind of week. And when I say experimenting, I mean in the kitchen.

On Sunday I we had 12 people (yes you read the number right) over for dinner. We invited a few couples and before we knew it out living room was full! Everyone brought a dish (I'm not cooking for twelve!) and we had a good time laughing and talking the night away. I made chicken parmesan "bites" (they kind of looked like chicken nuggets) and home made sauce for dipping (just a basic tomato paste base sauce). I've discovered the joy of making things at home and saving money, yippee!


Last night I made actual parmesan chicken over noodles and steamed broccoli...I cooked the noodles differently and they were so freaking good. I will definitely do that again. It was also our relief society activity night and we got to make cake pops for our husbands. I didn't actually make the cake part, they had already done that, but I did the rest of it. It was a lot of fun and it's the perfect treat for a birthday party, or any occasion! I will admit, I ate some of Anthony's cake pops. He isn't a huge fan of frosting but he enjoyed a few;)

They don't look all smooth and perfect like all the pictures we always see, but they were good. Trust me.

Today I came home from class really wanting to bake something. Google has become my best friend when cooking so I turned to the Internet. I wanted to make muffins at first but since we don't have a muffin pan I had to find an alternative...which is when I decided on scones. I have never in my life made scones so I was getting a little intimidated at some of the recipes. I stumbled across a pretty easy one and decided to just do it. The recipe was super basic and didn't have any fruit or anything so I decided to add some frozen blueberries.... I am happy to report that they turned out and I'm afraid I will have to hide them from Anthony! I actually had a lot of fun making them by hand too!




Its always fun to try out new recipes and test them on my husband, but sometimes I am afraid he is just being nice when he tells me something I made is good....hahaha. oh well, if I don't like the taste of it, chances are it will never show up in our kitchen again.

Sorry I have been so bad about blogging! I will do better! It's one of my resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment